Thursday, September 28, 2006

First interview in LA: I had a great interview today with an awesome yonsei Japanese American! Jeff squeezed me into his day en route to the airport to catch a flight to New York. One thing that really struck me during the interview was Jeff's comment about assimulating without over integrating. Immigrants and first generations obviously have a need to assimulate but what does it mean for Asian Americans to "over integrate"?

Earlier this evening, I met up with Saki, with whom I interviewed in CT. We met in Palos Verdes at a gulf course facing the Pacific Ocean. The view there was absolutely amazing! We had a great shoot. I'm debating doing something more abstract with Saki's portrait, a collage based on what she said in her interview, or using the portrait we shot today as is. Hmmm...we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home